What you need:
To view a virtual reality experience, you require two things:
- A current generation smart phone (Android or iOS)
- A virtual reality headset that fits your particular phone
How it works:
- Your smart phone, running the Yulio Viewer app, displays the virtual reality scene, generating one image for your left eye and one for your right - this is what provides the 'stereo' effect that makes VR feel so real
- Your phone also tracks your head motion, updating the display of the virtual scene to match the direction you are looking in the real world
- The headset is very simple - it contains lenses that direct the two images to the corresponding eye in such a way that the scale and field of view accurately simulates the real world. With higher-end headsets like the Samsung GearVR, the experience is further improved through the addition of higher quality motion sensors and better lenses.
What headset should I use?
Read our simple guide to choosing a headset that's right for your business