What are heatmaps?
Heatmaps let you understand what your clients see in VR, better than ever. See how your clients experience your design with Yulio Heatmap analytics, available with Enterprise and Professional client accounts.
Heatmaps give you greater insight into the design experience by tracking the gaze of anyone viewing your VR experiences in a headset, and the panning movements of people viewing without a headset.
Unlike traditional heat mapping which is achieved with mouse movement, and assumes users are tracing their interest with a mouse, VR heat mapping tracks what users are looking at. Since VR gives users the power to explore a 360 degree image however they choose, understanding their interaction with it through detailed heat map data provides key insights about audience behavior.
Use heatmap data to:
- Understand the design elements that are drawing focus
- Anticipate questions or requests for revision based on focus
- Test sitelines, branding and other elements to see if they draw focus as intended
- Discover how your clients are viewing VR scenes and improve your VR authoring
- Give context to client feedback
How do I use heatmap analytics?
To begin using heat maps,
- Open the analytics page by going to Edit VRE > show details
- Look at heatmap data for an individual session by selecting the eye icon to the left of the session
OR Narrow down the sessions by applying filters for Viewer Type or Date
- Heatmap data will be visualized for each FPR in the scene
- Customize your heatmap viewing experience
- Use the Opacity slider to see make the heatmap more transparent so that you can see what the viewer was looking at
- Use the Intensity slider to change the intensity of the heatmap so that you can see what the viewer paid the most attention to relative to other areas in the scene
You can also separate the heat map data by time, date, and the device that was used so you can find out how the experience differs by viewer type.